Wow, what an exciting weekend!! So much chaos in such a short amount of time! My flight to LA for E3 is in like 9 hours, and I’m going to be working not just up to my flight but ON my flight. I made a promise to myself not to bring my laptop with me to LA so that I could finally relax and not end up thinking about working all day when I’m trying to enjoy the convention and see the sights in Los Angeles and everything (plus we’re planning a little drive through the desert to Vegas for a couple nights at the end haha). But iPhones are super amazing and everything so I can do a lot of work just off that little pocket-sized device.
Here’s where I’m at, 6 hours before my flight:
- Elusive Ninja is on the App Store, and it’s on sale for half price ($0.99) as a pre-E3 promotion, so grab it now and spread it around! I figure everyone’s going to be bored in lineups at E3 and waiting for flights to get to LA, so hopefully Elusive Ninja can make the waits a little less boring haha
- The awesome business cards with the QR codes didn’t come in on time (Staples, you’ve failed me!!), but a friend is going to check if they’re in and pick them up and Fedex them to me at my hotel in LA hopefully in time for E3!
- Two of the bonus features aren’t fully done, they just have placeholder stuff right now, but I’ll fill them in tonight before or during my flight haha I figured no one would really notice and that it was more important to get the game up and available because of E3.
- I’m going to be E-Mailing some gaming news sites Promo Codes along with the image up above and a Press Kit link etc. to hopefully get some reviews going.
- It looks like you can’t really see your exact realtime sales stats and such by default, which is honestly probably a good thing because if I could I’d probably be checking every 10 seconds even though nothing is happening. Knowing the stats only update once a day means I won’t stress it 24/7 haha
Man, I thought I had some more to list and I probably did but I haven’t slept much this weekend trying to wrap all this stuff up in time so I can’t even think straight right now haha Fortunately I have like 12 hours worth of airport layovers and flights before I’m finally at my hotel in LA so I’ll catch up on my sleep then.
On a random note, I just want to say that this whole thing has been pretty awesome. I was never really pushed out of my comfort zone at my old job in the industry, I was able to do the work blindfolded and it was rare that I was really even interested in the project let alone inspired to do my best work. But when I’m sitting here running on no sleep juggling 40 tasks at once and still manage to pump out something that looks as cool and professional as the image up above there, it’s like I stop and look at that and go “I did THAT?? Wow I’m awesome!!” It feels like I’m actually pushing myself and exploring my potential…and ya, it’s a simple little game and everything, it’s not going to make me millions…but it’s a start. The first step. I’m excited to see what I’m going to do in the future if this is how I’m starting out! :)
And now it’s off to get my laundry going then write up…something. Can’t remember what. Thank goodness for to-do lists haha